Permanent Secretary / Deputy Attorney General
The current Permanent Secretary / Deputy Attorney General is M. Pascal BIZIMANA RUGANINTWALI
• Masters Degree in Business Law (LLM) (2009), DEA (Master) in administration of elections (2005) and a certificate on Loan Negotiation Strategies (2008) and in International Project Procurement and Contract Negotiations (2005).
• From June 2006 to May 2011: Treasury Counsel and Legal Adviser of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning of Rwanda
• From 2007 to May 2011: Chairman of the National Independent Review on Public Procurement;
• From August 2000 to June 2006: Deputy Executive Secretary in charge of Legal Affairs/ National Electoral Commission;
• From January 2000 to August 2000: Ag. Head of division of Human right in the Ministry of Justice;
• From March 1998 to December 1999: Internship at the Law Firm Me NDAHIRO Faroh and Me Ntwali Francois.
Mandate of the Permanent Secretary / Deputy Attorney General
The Permanent Secretary / Deputy AG oversees all activities of the ministry, and coordinates its units. The office is also charged with overseeing the ministry’s planning and policy. The mandate covers the following specific roles:
(1) Coordinating all technical activities of the Ministry of Justice;
(2) Overseeing the activities of the Administration Unit within the Ministry of Justice.
Structure of the Office of the Permanent Secretary / Deputy AG.
The Office of the Permanent Secretary comprises:
1. The Permanent Secretary/ Deputy AG
2. One Administrative assistant
3. One Public Relations & Communication Officer
4. One Public Procurement Officer
5. One Information, Education and Communication Officer